Friday 9 March 2012

My Top Fragrances

As a female University student I am just obsessed with perfumes and fragrances and, having just had my 21st birthday, my parents bought me my favourite perfume, giving me the idea to do a top fragrances post! I know everyone’s opinions will differ, but thought I’d share my favourite with you!

I have quite a large collection as, like I said, I’m a little bit obsessed but my favourite ones are definitely at the sweet and fruity end of spectrum, even in my heavier night time choices. I am absolutely rubbish at describing fragrances so apologies!

My favourite perfume is definitely not hard to pick: Viktor and Rolf ‘Flowerbomb’


This is a gorgeous sweet and fruity smelling perfume that had a lot of hype surrounding it when it was first released, and my best friend from home first got me into it as she loves it. The website describes it as “a millefleurs around the freesia, Centifolia rose, osmanthus and Sambac jasmine, supported by a background of patchouli”. If, like me, that means absolutely nothing to you then basically it just smells like a sweet, fruity and fresh. Definitely my favourite perfume!

I got Kathy this for her birthday last year! It’s Vera Wang’s ‘Lovestruck’

This also had a huge amount of hype on release and was marketed by Leighton Meester and, like Flowerbomb, it is a lovely sweet fruity fragrance. The website describes the scent as “a mouthwatering pink guava and mandarin, followed by a delicate mix of tuberose and lotus blossom. Behind it all, precious woods and sheer musk envelope a passionate elegance.” Again, it’s lovely and sweet but slightly sexier than Flowerbomb so I’d be more inclined to wear this in the evening, especially as it lasts a fair amount longer.

Next is Kylie Minogue ‘Sweet Darling’


I couldn’t possibly make a top fragrances blog without mentioning this little beauty as it was the perfume I wore every single day from the age of 16 to 19 and it became ‘my scent’. At the risk of sounding boring, it’s a lovely sweet fragrance described as “a fusion of sweet cotton candy accord, juicy passion fruit, opulent freesia, and boronia" but it is so much cheaper than the previous two! Devastatingly, they have now stopped selling this perfume! You can still get it online from amazon or cheapsmells.com, but no longer sell it in shops so I have stocked up like a badger stocking up for hibernation!

Finally, my night time fragrance is Paco Rabanne ‘Lady Million’



Again, this is a ridiculously famous perfume that Paco Rabanne released as the female version of their popular ‘1 Million’ cologne and I picked it up maybe a year ago now. This tends to be my night time fragrance as it is definitely a sexy perfume and I feel much more confident and ready for a night out when I put it on! It’s definitely still at the sweet end of the spectrum, but it feels like a more grown-up scent and much more appropriate for night time!

I hope you enjoyed my top few fragrances post. I also love most of the perfumes by Escada and the Britney Spears range, mainly because they are lovely and sweet but these are my stand out favourites! Leave me a comment letting me know your favourites or any you should recommend I try!

 
Love Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment