Thursday 19 April 2012

Lush Lip Scrub

As someone who has pretty dry and easily chapped lips, I've been looking for a good Lip Scrub for the longest time and for years relied on Vaseline or the Nivea lip balm to help but never found a decent scrub that didn't irritate my lips. But after a recommendation from one of my friends I thought I'd try the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub as she said it tasted amazing and really soothed her chapped lips, especially in the winter. I'm a bit of a newbie with Lush products but it was cheap-ish at £4.95 and I was up for trying anything so I thought I'd give it a go.


I must say, even after the first application I was impressed, and that was only cause it tasted absolutely divine! As it's made from completely natural and edible ingredients (mostly castor sugar) after you massage it into your lips you can just lick it right off! I know that sounds disgusting, but it seriously tastes amazing.

Lush claims the scrubs "are made from castor sugar to act as a gentle scrub and jojoba oil to be wonderfully moisturising but light enough not to leave you feeling greasy. Keeps lips in tip top condition, for kissing, pouting, talking or anything else you wish to do with them". After using the product every morning and night for about a week I really noticed a definite difference in my lips: they were softer with no dry patches and a much nicer base for pretty lipsticks which I normally stay away from! I'll be doing a Top 5 Everyday Lip Products soon so this scrub has come in incredibly hand!

Verdict: totally worth it for £4.95 as a little goes a long way with this stuff so I think mine
should last me a fair while. And it tastes amazing! If anything, just go try it for the taste! ;)

Love Lauren
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment