Wednesday 29 February 2012

Lauren's February Favourites!


Hi everyone, so it’s the end of the month so I thought I’d do an overview of my favourite products I have discovered and loved this month! I haven’t got too many products as February has been a bit of a slow month for me, but I have been experimenting with my make up and hair so I do have a couple of things to show you!
First off, the Soap and Glory ‘Kiss Ass Concealer’. Soap and Glory have only relatively recently started making make up, but so far all the products I have tried have been of a pretty good standard for high street prices! The concealer is my favourite because it comes with two different shades, a white power and a mirror so I use it as my on-the-go concealer now.
Second, the John Frieda ‘Full Repair’ line of hair products. I have just done a review on most of the new John Frieda line so I don’t need to repeat myself, but basically, for a high street hair product line for style addicts, it’s amazing!
Next up is the Solta Beautiful Bronze ‘Self-Tan Back Applicator’. If, like me, you have a nightmare trying to fake tan your back and you usually get your unwilling friends to help you, then this product is a dream! Basically it is a fake tanning pad on the end of a long stick! Sounds strange, but you just apply whatever fake tan you desire to use to the end of the pad and then, with the help of the long handle, can reach places you wouldn’t normally be able to! Such a find!
One product that definitely deserves mention this month is Urban Decay’s new Naked 2 palette. This has only recently come out in the UK but I was able to get my hands on one of the fastest selling make up palettes and I love it. I’m going to do a full review on the palette soon so I won’t bore you but, clearly, its one of my faves!
Now I know Tangle Teezers have been out for a long time now, but February was a month when I finally convinced myself to buy one. I’ve been sceptical as I have more hairbrushes than I know what to do with, but Kathy convinced me they were amazing and she was not wrong! I have horribly tangled hair when I get out of the shower, but the tangle teezer has been great at detangling without pulling my hair out. Definitely a good find for February.
Also, No.17 new (ish) eye shadow products, similar to MAC paint pots but at a fraction of the cost. I have two of the Metallic eye shadows in Wild Silver and Gold and they have pretty decent pigmentation and last longer than any other high street pot eyeshadow. They do have a tendency to crease a little, but if you use it with a primer it should be fine!
Finally, my favourite favourite of the month is the new lipstick I got a few weeks ago from Barry M, the number 145. It’s a gorgeous bright purpley-pink that looks amazing with a coral gloss over the top. I’m a bit scared of bright lipsticks normally as I have small lips, but the Barry M product when on so smoothly and lasted a fair while on my lips! I’ll have to start getting into bright lips more soon!
Hope you enjoyed my February favourites!
Love Lauren
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment