Sunday 8 April 2012

Revon Lip Butters

If you're from the US then you must think this is incredibly late in coming, but Revlon have just released their new line of lip product, Revlon Lip Butters in the UK a few weeks ago and I was desperate to get my lips on them and try them! Kathy can tell you how obsessed I have been, and it shows: I have 8 of them (so far)

Left from top: Berry Smoothie, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie, Macaroon
Right from top: Sugar Frosting, Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart

There are 20 shades in the line, all named after something sweet which is a really cute touch and they are a completely unique formula. They are marketed as a lip butter in a stick, meaning they are soft and creamy and feel smooth and moisturising on the lips unlike some lipsticks that can be drying.

From left to right: Sugar Frosting, Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie, Macaroon

I have to say I am very impressed with the pigmentation! Most lip balms I have tried are moisturising but have very little colour pay-off, but these are incredible, especially Lollipop which is my favourite colour! The staying power isn't fantastic, but considering it is marketed as a lip balm product I wasn't completely surprised, but it didn't feel an effort to reapply them through the day, and they are so creamy I didn't even use a gloss on top!

From left to right: Sugar Frosting, Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Berry Smoothie, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie, Macaroon

The only downside in my book is also what makes them amazing - the fact that they are so soft! As a clumsy person with absolutely no grace, I have squashed the edges of these a couple of times when applying and winding them up and down, but I guess that just comes from the creamy formulation. A word of warning, be careful when winding them up and down!

Verdict: 100% recommendation from me! I can't get enough of these little beauties and they are definitely a staple in my makeup for Spring and Summer this year, especially when they are only £7.99! (Boots is having a 3 for 2 sale at the moment so get down quick to get 3 for £16!!) My favourite shades are Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart and Lollipop, let me know which ones yours are!

Love Lauren
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment